Site Visit – November 2011
Two interesting signs during this visit – a saltire in the sky, recalling the origins of Scotland’s flag – and grass growing on site, before we’ve planted any.
Launch of Strip Competition – November 2011
We launched our Scotland wide, primary school competition for children to design our football strips. In association with Education Scotland, we’ve asked pupils to respond to key themes explored in Forest Pitch:
• Diversity – what this means in the environment and in Scottish society.
• Mythology and Collective Memory – how do myths develop?
• National Identity – what it means to be Scottish and/or British and why does it matter?
• The Power of Sport – its potential as a positive, unifying force, as well as a dividing and disruptive force.
• Environmental Impact/Sustainability – how do we balance our desires to live modern lives while trying to live in balance with the natural world?